We see the home/school link as vital for the benefit of all, the child, you the parent, and us. We are always available to discuss the needs of your child but if you require a long meeting with the class teacher, then it is necessary to make an appointment.
The following provisions have also been made:-
- An introductory look around the school, should you be considering sending your child to Featherbank.
- A formal Open Day (after allocation) when the children visit the school followed by three additional visits to spend time with other children expected in September in their classroom with their new teacher.
- Parent Evenings twice a year when you discuss your child's progress with the teachers.
- Other parent workshops affording information regarding curriculum,statutory tests and transition arrangements etc.
- Classroom support from parents and governors (with enhanced D.B.S. clearance) are often used in school e.g. educational visits.
- The school offers work placements to students from various colleges, universities and schools.
- Pupils are given the opportunity to communicate with children in other schools both in this country and other parts of the world e.g. Mexico and Norway(we are an International School).
- As part of the North West Family of Schools our subject managers meet with colleagues to discuss future events and National initiatives.